Wednesday, December 4, 2019

Open Letter to Someone I Admire

Day 4 in the Boho Berry December Challenge is an open letter to someone I admire.

I have decided to write this letter to my mom, who is no longer alive.


Dear Mom,
 
I am writing you this letter to let you know just how much you mean to me.
 
Even though we had our arguments, and didn't agree on everything, I loved you very much; I still love you very much.
 
You had gone through so much in your life healthwise, especially at the end, and it amazes me that you never complained (at least I don't remember hearing you complain!).
 
Since you have been gone, I have looked back on your life, and have been inspired by how you handled everything thrown your way.
 
You never let anything get you down for long, and you lived your life the best you could.
 
You loved your job, which is now the same job, and position, I have.
 
Everyone loved you there, and were like friends to me, since I knew them as well.
 
You passed your love of food on to me, and I am so happy about that! I will never stop enjoying food from different cultures!
 
I wish you were still alive, especially now, as I have had a few great experiences, that either you could have been a part of as well, or that I could have told you about.
 
I miss our mother-daughter conversations, and having you as a confidant. The events that happened over the summer are things I wish you were a part of, or that you could have been told about, as they were amazing.
 
You were alive when I started my college education, but not when I finished. I really wish you were here for my graduation, as I know you would have been proud of me, and you would have liked it.
 
I really wish I could see you again, and talk to you again. You were my best friend, an amazing part of my world, which was taken from me the day you died.
 
I took for granted all the days I had with you, but not anymore. I actually never thought about losing you, but now that you are gone, it is something I think about often.
 
I love you very much, and can't wait to see you again.

No comments:

Post a Comment