- Go swimming
- Get my bedroom cleaned up
- Redecorate bedroom
- Make, eat s'mores
- Go on a photo shoot
- Go shopping at thrift stores
- Go to a concert
- Learn how to apply my makeup
- Practice cake decorating skills
- Have a picnic
- Get a slurpee from 7 Eleven on 7/11
- Exercise regularly
- Go mini golfing
- Eat healthier
- Have a spa day
- Donate unwanted items (in good condition, of course!)
- Visit the city for a day
- Visit Lincoln Park Zoo
- Visit Brookfield Zoo
- Visit Navy Pier
- Visit the botanical gardens
- Visit the local festival
- Visit the local farmer's market
- Start playing the violin again
- Start and maintain a regular skincare routine that works for me
- Go at least a day without technology
- Learn how to play the ukulele
- Relearn/become fluent in ASL (American Sign Language)
- Make, give dad a present for Father's Day
- Make popsicles
- Eat lots of ice cream
- Keep in regular contact with friends (text, call, email, etc.)
- Save up for, buy a laptop
- Make slime
- Binge watch a TV show
- Make a new friend
- Take up yoga
- Learn how to bbq
- Tie dye
- Go to an ice cream shop with friends
- Make lemonade
- Make homemade ice cream
- Draw with sidewalk chalk
- Go to the beach
- Have a water fight
- Play games from childhood
- Go on a road trip
- Learn how to cook
- Go bowling
- Color in a coloring book
Wednesday, May 23, 2018
I have made a list of fifty things I would like to do this summer.
Monday, May 21, 2018
Sprucing up, and rejuvinating a space in your home really helps the place to look better, to look homely, and to lift up your spirits.
- Rearrange the furniture in the room every once in a while.
- Clean the space up, and donate any unwanted clothing, accessories, furniture, etc. that are in good condition.
- Add plants to the space, to brighten it up.
- Add pictures, paintings, etc., to the space.
- Add colorful blankets, pillows, decor, etc. around the room.
- If possible, purchase new furniture that will make the space more comfortable, more stylish, more you.
- If your walls need a pick-me-up, put up a fresh coat of paint.
Monday, May 14, 2018
You deserve to be loved, and that starts with you loving yourself. Here are some ways you can love yourself more:
- Don't try to do everything at once. It's ok to do one thing at a time.
- Journal-don't keep your feelings and thoughts bottled up inside. You will feel SO much better when you journal.
- Don't be afraid to just be yourself. You are the way you are for a reason, and you should be proud of the person you are today.
- Let go of the things that no longer serve a purpose in your life.
- Let go of negative people in your life. Yes, it may be hard, but it is worth it in the end.
- Take a day (or two, or three!!) for yourself, and just unwind. Read, take a long bath or shower, go for a long walk, cook your favorite dishes, whatever it is that helps you relax, unwind, destress.
- Do something out of your comfort zone, that you have always wanted to do. You never know how it will go, unless you try. You will be thankful you did, instead of worrying about "what-ifs."
- Find clothing that you feel comfortable in, that you love. Wearing clothing that doesn't fit properly, or that you don't love, will make you feel not so confident about yourself, and that is definitely not good. Find something that is your style, and wear it with confidence!!
Monday, May 7, 2018
I love words, and with how many there are, it's impossible not to feel a sense of comfort with some of them.
Here are the words that warm my spirit:
Here are the words that warm my spirit:
- Fine (I was going through a hard time several years ago, and was always asking my mom if I was going to be fine, which I was)
Monday, April 30, 2018
The things that made me happy this month are:
- Having an Easter meal on Easter day
- Going to ukulele nights
- Receiving the popsocket I ordered from a favorite YouTuber couple
- Starting the internship for my college certificate
- Going to a volunteer appreciation reception at work
- Getting the painting I ordered from Etsy
I am trying to be more productive in my life (at home, work, etc.), which means getting rid of things that no longer benefit me, and doing things that do benefit me.
- Getting rid of (donating, recycling, etc.) items I don't need anymore
- Washing clothes, other washable items, (and putting them away so I know where they are) so they are fresh and clean for when I need them
- Going for walks
- Open the windows to let fresh air in (if it's warm enough for that)
- Trying to spend less on things that I don't actually need/don't need at the moment/can go without for a while
- Rearranging the furniture in my room
Monday, April 23, 2018
It's a massive effort on my part to get myself motivated to do things, so there needs to be something really motivational to get me going sometimes.
- My favorite music
- Seeing other people's success (it makes me a little jealous at first, seeing their success, but I get over it quickly, and am able to move on to being inspired and motivated by it)
- Having the time to do the things I want/need to do
- My favorite movies
- Inspirational quotes/sayings/words
- Writing my thoughts down, and then reading them back to myself, so I know what I am able to do/can do/should do
Monday, April 16, 2018
There are things that I love doing, that lets me be myself, and lets me feel free.
- My alone time
- Being in nature
- Being around animals
- Knitting or crocheting something
- Traveling by myself
- Being able to do things for/by myself
- Learning/doing something new
Monday, April 9, 2018
I am a pretty good person in general, and I do have some very good qualities.
- My empathetic side
- My love of children
- My love of animals
- My ability to truly listen (or at least try to) to what people are saying
- My love to bake
- My crafty side (I knit and crochet)
- My introverted nature, and wanting my alone time every day
- My curiosity
Wednesday, April 4, 2018
I haven't done a current favorites in a while, so here is what I am currently loving.
- Marc Anthony Strengthening Grow Long Shampoo
- Marc Anthony Strengthening Grow Long Conditioner
- Marc Anthony Strengthening Grow Long Leave-In Conditioner (yes, this is different from the regular conditioner)
- Utz Ripples Fried Dill Pickle Flavored Potato Chips (these are really, really good!!!)
- The Greatest Showman movie
- The Greatest Showman soundtrack
- Clara Flyaway Ruffle Top from Madison and Mallory
- Side Slit Striped Tank from Madison and Mallory
- Flowy Cold Shoulder Top from Madison and Mallory
- White Embroidered Bell Sleeve Dress from Madison and Mallory