- I am the youngest of five; I have three brothers and 1 sister.
- I had a birthmark removed from my neck when I was 18.
- I am very shy and introverted, but once I get to know someone, and they want to be friends with me, I can be very outgoing.
- I have never been outside of the U.S. before, although I got close to the U.S./Canada border when I went to Montana.
- I love to bake (mainly sweets/desserts), and am going to school for my baking/pastry degree.
- I also love photography, and hope to get my photography degree someday.
- Another passion of mine is writing, and I would love to write at least one book in my life.
- I have an iris coloboma in my right eye (the iris, and in my case, the pupil as well, didn't form properly, so my vision isn't that great in my right eye).
- My favorite animals are horses, dogs, cats, and polar bears.
- I love things that glow in the dark.
- I am majorly afraid of heights.
- I bullet journal.
- I never really liked school all that much until I got to college.
- I am a HUGE Harry Potter fan.
- My musical taste is pretty varied. My favorite artists are Andrea Bocelli (opera/pop), Francesca Battistelli (Christian), Garth Brooks (country), Imagine Dragons, Josh Groban, Celtic Woman (Irish), Celtic Thunder (Irish) and Pentatonix.
- My favorite color is purple.
- As a kid, I loved mushrooms. I'm not a big fan of them now, but I will eat them.
- I love chocolate. A lot!!!
- My favorite food is pasta.
- My favorite cuisines are Italian, Mexican and some Indian.
- I am a major night owl.
- I volunteer at my local library, delivering library materials to those who can't physically come to the library for whatever reason (disability, illness, pregnancy, etc.).
- I have lived in a city my whole life, but I prefer country living.
- I have lived in the same house since I was born.
- I prefer warm weather over cold.
- I love stickers.
- I love to make lists.
- I love thrift stores (there are at least 3 different thrift stores near me).
- My favorite TV shows are Once Upon a Time, Hawaii Five-O (the remake), Bonanza and Gilmore Girls.
- I love spicy foods.
- I love linguistics.
- I am obsessed with brimmed hats.
- My favorite baker is Buddy Valastro from Cake Boss.
- I love teddy bears.
- I prefer long hair to short.
- I love puzzles.
- I love cheesecake.
- I have a heart for children, and would love to adopt one day (as well as have bio children as well).
- I took up knitting during a very difficult time in my life, and have been knitting ever since.
- I also took up crocheting as well, and enjoy both crafts very much.
- I am a very sensitive person, so I tend to take things personally, even when something is not meant to be personal/mean/etc. (although I am doing better with that, as I haven't been hurt by as much stuff as I used to).
- I also am a very emotional person, so when I see someone hurt or upset, it affects me emotionally.
- I played the violin in elementary school, and plan to play again someday.
- I love candles.
- I am a Hufflepuff/Pukwudgie (from the American school Ilvermorny)
- I love rainy days.
- I have been journaling since I was in sixth grade.
- I had a hermit crab for a couple years, named Sebastian.
- I love flannel.
- I prefer animated movies over live action, but I will watch both.
Saturday, January 21, 2017
I decided to do a get-to-know-me post, so you
Sunday, January 1, 2017
I have heard of people having a 'word' for the upcoming year, and talking about why they chose that word.
For 2017, I have chosen the word RESPONSIBLE.
I feel like that is the perfect word for me to work towards, as I think I can do more that what I am currently doing, to be more responsible for myself.
Many of the choices I have made in the past, aren't the wisest choices I have made to being as independent as I possibly can, and I want to work on that.
So, for 2017 (and beyond), I want to work on being more responsible for:
- My health. I am not taking very good care of myself, physically, emotionally, and mentally. And I really, really, really want to do better. There are several activities that I love to do (bike riding, swimming, yoga, even playing on playgrounds), and there are lots of food that I love, that I would be willing to have on a regular basis, that is good for me. Another health-related thing I would like to work on is my posture. For many years now, I have been slouching a lot, and it affects how I feel physically, emotionally and mentally. And it just does not look good. I want to be able to stand/sit up straight, without it being uncomfortable, and something I do not want to do; something I have to actually think about doing.
- How I spend my time. I don't have a job yet, and only volunteer once a week, so most of my free time is spent either on the Internet, watching a movie, reading, listening to music, or just sitting at home. The only thing I do that gets me out of the house is volunteering on Friday mornings. I would love to go out more often, to do more things out of the house, so I'm not doing nothing all day.
- My work ethic. There are some things in the work force that make me very uncomfortable, and unwilling to do, and I want to work on that. One is talking to people. I am a very shy person most of the time, and am only comfortable talking around friends and family. I would love to be able to be comfortable in a work environment, and not have to worry about little things. I would love to have a job that I will love, that I will be comfortable doing, and that the employer would be proud of having me as an employee.
- My financial situation. Since I don't have a job yet, the only way I get money is from my dad once a week. I don't always spend/save my money wisely, and I would like to work on that a lot more. I have been thinking that, once I get a job, I will put one third of my checks into my savings account, one third will be for donating, and one third will be used for spending on whatever I want/need right away.
- My possessions. I don't always take care of my things, and they end up getting torn, ripped, broken, or otherwise destroyed. And I have wrecked a few things that I loved, which I feel really bad about. Hopefully I can do better, and put things where they belong when I am done with them, so I can keep them as long as possible. I would also like to be more aware of where I put my possessions, as I sometimes forget where I put them, and it can take me a long time to find them.
- My actions, thoughts and emotions. I am one of those very sensitive people, so I tend to take things personally, even when it's not meant to be personal. Although, I have gotten better at not taking things every single thing personally, over the last several years, but I still want to work on it. I also want to work on not thinking negatively, about myself, or others. I would just like to be more positive, more happy in the things I do, think, and feel, and to bring as little negativity into my life as possible.