Saturday, April 1, 2017

I Am Finally a Working Girl (Again)!!!

I recently started working at my local library, as a shelving aide. Basically, I sort the materials that have been returned, shelve materials that are checked in, and pull materials that are on hold for patrons.

The library is within walking distance, which is really nice. I work three days a week, for about 15 hours each week.

One of the children's librarians, who I am friends with, had been suggesting I apply at the library, and would remind me about handing in an application. I had finally handed one in, around mid-January, but wasn't really expecting to hear anything about it, as I didn't hear anything the other times I applied.

But, I was very shocked when I was asked to come in for an interview, and even more shocked when I got a call saying that I got the job. The day I got the call saying I was hired, I was pretty much on cloud nine, I was so happy!!!

While working in the children's area one day, a little boy waved at me while I was shelving books. It made me feel good knowing kids (at least, some kids) were comfortable enough to interact with the staff. He was such a sweetheart!!

I have been volunteering there for almost 5 years now, so I am pretty familiar with some of the goings on at the library. I still get to volunteer, with the homebound delivery program, which is nice. I didn't want to give it up.

Since my mom worked at the library for a long time, I already knew a lot of the staff there, before I started working, which has greatly helped me with my job.

Hopefully this job lasts a lot longer than my last one (which it seems like it will), and that I will be happy with it (I am very happy with it so far!!).

It feels really good to be able to work again, especially at a place I love going to. The people are nice, the hours are good (and the pay!!). I'm just very happy right now!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment