Thursday, April 13, 2017

3 Things I'd Like to Try Before Year's End

There are many things I would like to do/try this year, but I have decided to focus on three at this time (or, at least, I would like to focus on these).
  1. Learn how to play the ukulele.
    For a little while now, I have been wanting to play the ukulele. A co-worker of mine goes to a ukulele group thing on Thursday evenings at a local restaurant, playing songs on the ukulele. I have always loved music and instruments, especially stringed instruments. So, hopefully, I can go to these ukulele meet-ups on Thursdays, once I get decent enough.
  2. Learn how to sew.
    For a long time, I have been wanting to learn how to sew, but never got the opportunity to.really learn how to. I want to be able to know how to fix/patch up clothes if I need to, and to be able to make my own clothes and other items. My mom was able to make my bridesmaid dress for my brother's wedding, and my sister has made several different items, that are very impressive. It makes me want to learn for myself, so I hope to be able to do that sometime this year.
  3. Write a book (or at least start one).
    I love to write, and have had the idea of writing a book for quite some time now. I just haven't had any inspiration for a story yet. I really want to have at least one published book in my life, and to have people enjoy it.
What are three things you would like to try this year?


I know this was only supposed to be three things, but I just thought of one more thing I would like to try this year, which is:
  • Running/jogging
    Normally, I hate to run, but I've seen and heard about how many people love the benefits of running. So, I have been thinking about trying a running/jogging routine at some point this year. I am trying to get myself into better shape, so I am willing to try running, at least for a little while.

No comments:

Post a Comment