Sunday, April 23, 2017

Joni and Friends Family Retreats

A few years ago, I heard about Joni and Friends Retreats (you can find more information HERE, if you are interested to learn about the organization) through a friend, and, when I learned about what it is, have been wanting to volunteer at a retreat ever since.

These retreats give those with disabilities five days of fun, faith, and friends, and can help them escape from the stresses of life for a while.

Giving them a space to have fun, to be themselves, to forget their troubles for a while, to make new friends...sounds like something I would love to be a part of

I have been wanting to go very much, but I couldn't go because of money issues. Hopefully next year I will be able to go on a retreat. They sound like soooo much fun!!!

The closest one to much, which I would love to go to, is in Michigan. But, these retreats are kind of expensive ($300 plus, on up to over $1,000 for some of them), so I have to wait to go (which stinks; I so want to go on one!!!). But, I think with what these retreats offer, it is worth the money, and the wait.

I am a very shy person, and I would love to be more outgoing, so something like these retreats would definitely help me with that, while I get to be a part of something much greater than me.

That is what makes life worth living. Helping people out. People who will in turn help others, and so on.

No comments:

Post a Comment