Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Learning How to Play the Ukulele

I recently got a ukulele, and am now teaching myself how to play it.

I have always loved string instruments, and I actually played the violin for a couple years in elementary school, as well as taking a beginning guitar class in high school (I still have the violin and guitar, though the violin is too small for me now, and I haven't touched the guitar since I took the class).

For a little while now, I had been interested in learning to play the ukulele, but since I didn't have the money for an instrument or lessons, I couldn't really do anything about it. Now that I have both (I got a job in February), I can now learn to play on my own time.

My ukulele, and the accessories it came with.
 
My work (a library) has a couple ukuleles for people to check out, and they can learn how to play. That is what got me interested in getting my own ukulele, and learning to play.
 
I am really looking forward to getting good at playing, and getting comfortable playing in front of others. It was one of my favorite ways to relax and unwind, and it is fun to do!!

No comments:

Post a Comment