Friday, May 3, 2013

I Want to Be a "Big Sister"

For quite some time, I have been wanting to be a part of Big Brothers Big Sisters in my area. It seems like a lot of fun, and you get to help a child be more confident in themselves.

Plus, I think this would make me more confident as well. I am a shy person (like I've said a few times before), so being able to interact with others like this will help me become more outgoing in the future.

I have many ideas of things to do, if/when I become a Big Sister. There are lots of restaurants, shops, events, etc. in my area that we could go to, and I have a lot of stuff for games and crafts for us to do as well.

And of course I have music and movies too.

I really hope I get the chance to be a part of this, because it is an amazing organization. I want to be as involved in my community as I can (without burning out, of course, or taking on too much). I love helping out, and people really do appreciate what volunteers do for them. It is such a great feeling, knowing that you're doing something good in the world.

Well, that's all for now. More to come later.

No comments:

Post a Comment