Thursday, May 30, 2013

Blog Every Day in May: Day 30

React to this term: Letting Go

Letting Go...Wow. This has more meaning to me than you may think. I had to let go of a few things in the past 2 1/2 years or so.

My mom had gone into the hospital because of problems with medications she was taking, and I think they said she also had pneumonia as well.

The doctors told us she would never recover, and she had spent five weeks in the hospital before dying from complications.

I had to learn to let her go. That was a really, really hard thing for me to do, as I loved my mom very much.

I also had to let go of our family pet a few years ago. We had our cat, Kitty, for 16 years (just about her whole life), and I had a special bond with her. So it was hard letting her go as well.

Letting go has shown me how strong I really am. I was able to get through both events stronger, a better person. It made me not take everything for granted anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment