Monday, May 6, 2013

Blog Every Day in May: Day 6

If you couldn't answer with your job, how would you answer the question, 'what do you do'?

Well, I don't have a job (yet), so I can't answer with that. But here is what I do do:

I volunteer at the local library on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. On Mondays and Wednesdays, I am in the children's department, putting the books in order that are out of order, and working with the children, playing games and making crafts.

On Fridays, I volunteer with the library's home delivery service, helping deliver library materials to those who can't make it in to the library for whatever reason (mainly health reasons). I have been doing that for a year now, and I absolutely love it.

A few of the people who receive this service have told me that they really like me, and love seeing me each week, and that they appreciate what I am doing for them. That makes me feel good, being liked and appreciated. It makes me happy that I get to help others.

I also go to school on Thursdays, although there are only two weeks left in the semester (one class each week). I am going for my baking and pastry degree, and this semester I am taking a Nutrition class. It was an alright class.

The teacher was nice, and the other students were alright. But I didn't really learn much. But, at least I was able to do well in what we did.

I am hoping to go to school in the fall, and take a food sanitation and safety class, and an intro to baking and pastry class.

I am hoping to work at a bakery once I get my degree, and maybe even open up my own bakery someday.

So, that is pretty much what I do at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment