Sunday, May 12, 2013

Blog Every Day in May: Day 12

What do you miss? (a person, a thing, a place, a time of your life...)

The main one is my mom. She died in November 2010, and that was very hard on me. I loved her very much, and I wish she was still here.

Life without her isn't easy, of course. It's hard doing things knowing that I can't share them with her in person.

Although, I'm glad she's not suffering anymore. She was sick the last years of her life, and it wasn't easy on her. She didn't really complain all that much, though. She was tough.

I also miss Girl Scouts. I was in it throughout elementary school, and absolutely loved it.

Here are some other things I miss...

  • My cat Kitty (a black longhair)
  • Hearing my paternal grandpa play his harmonica in the back room whenever my family and I visited him and grandma
  • My teddy bear hamster Cookie
  • Visiting my maternal grandpa, aunt, uncle and cousins one state away
  • My best friend from elementary school, who moved away in second or third grade
  • My elementary school art class
  • One of the former elementary school teacher's assistants
  • Zender's store being a block away from where I live
  • Reading those books in first grade, to get prizes

No comments:

Post a Comment