Monday, May 20, 2013

Blog Every Day in May: Day 20

Get real. Share something you're struggling with right now.

Something I am struggling with right now is my shyness and self-confidence.

I have been shy for as long as I can remember, and have had low self-confidence because of that. I really want to be more outgoing, but it is hard for me to step out of my comfort zone, even though I am an adult now.

Although, I have been volunteering at the library for the past year, delivering library materials to people who can't come to the library for whatever reason, and that has brought me out of my shell a little.

Since I am so shy, public speaking is scary for me. So is being in a crowd. It makes me really self-conscious, and when I see people speaking without looking nervous or anything, it makes it worse for me. I always think about what others would think of me when I'm around others.

I always feel bad about missing out on experiences, because I don't take the initiative to do things on my own sometimes. And I hate that.

I often imagine myself being more outgoing, and having no problems doing things with other people, and just being around others. I just wish that really was me, but it is extremely hard to break out of this shell, and doing things that make me really uncomfortable.

Hopefully that will go away after some time, because I want to enjoy life more without worrying too much about what others think of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment