Saturday, May 18, 2013

Blog Every Day in May: Day 18

Tell a story from your childhood. Dig deep and try to be descriptive about what you remember and how you felt.

On the first day of sixth grade, I remember two different families had come to the U.S. from two different countries. One family was from Italy, parents and two daughters, and the other family was from Russia, parents and two daughters as well.

One daughter from each family was in my grade, the other two were a year or so younger and in different grades.

I remember that the oldest girl from Italy had asked me some questions about myself, I guess because she wanted to know me. I remembered wondering why she asked me those questions, but I felt happy that she wanted to know me.

I became friends with the girls from Russia pretty quickly, and am happy I did. They are great people, and I am thankful they moved to the same city as me. Although, I know a move like that is not an easy one.

No comments:

Post a Comment