Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Blog Every Day in May Challenge: Day 1-Story of My Life

I am linking up with Jenni at Story of My Life for this challenge. I have included the button for this challenge on the right side of my blog, so check it out when you get the chance.

So here goes for Day 1.

I was born in a Chicago suburb on December 14. I am the youngest of five siblings (three brothers and a sister). My oldest brother married in 1999, and my sister married in 2000, and she and her husband have two children, a boy and a girl.

I have never moved. Ever. I have lived in the exact same house, on the exact same block, in the exact same neighborhood, in the exact same city and state, ever since I was born. I love my city very much. Lots of shops, restaurants, schools, stuff to do.

I was born with an iris coloboma (where the iris doesn't form properly) in my right eye, and I have had vision problems with that eye since birth. It bugs me, mainly because of the vision problems, and sometimes I think that other people notice it.

I am a very shy, self-conscious person. It is very frustrating because there are a lot of things that I want to do, and much of it requires speaking to groups of people.

I volunteer every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at the local library. For the past year (has it really been a year already?), I have been volunteering with the home delivery service, delivering library materials to those who can't make it to the library for whatever reason (usually health-related issues), every Friday morning.

I absolutely love it, because I get to meet new people, and it has also brought me out of my shell a bit. I really enjoy seeing the people each week, and on several occasions a few of the people I deliver to have told me they really like me, and always look forward to seeing me each week.

I am also volunteering in the children's department on Monday and Wednesday afternoons. So far, I have been shelf reading, putting books in order if they are out of order. Soon, I will most likely be working with the children, helping them with the games and crafts as well. I absolutely love children, so this is why I decided to volunteer in that department.

I am going to school for my baking and pastry degree. Baking is one of my biggest passions, along with writing, photography, animals and children. Aside from being a baker, I also want to be an author, photographer and teacher (or teacher's aide). I also want to work with animals in some way, as well.

Well, that's the condensed version of my life. I hope you enjoyed it!

No comments:

Post a Comment