Sunday, October 28, 2012

Operation Christmas Child

A few years ago, I first heard about the organization called Operation Christmas Child. It is where people can fill shoeboxes or plastic containers with presents for children, and then drop them off at a certain location, for them to be delivered to children who might otherwise not get anything for Christmas.

I have been wanting to do this ever since I heard about it, but have always missed the dates they do it. So, hopefully I can do it this year. It is in a couple weeks, and I may ask a few friends to help me out.

I don't know what I'll put in the box yet, but maybe I will put a little of everything in it, like toys, school supplies, accessories, and other things. I can't wait to be able to actually participate in Operation Christmas Child. I love giving, epsecially to children.

I love seeing the look on their faces getting a present, and getting something they want. And need. It makes me feel good.

If anyone wants more information on Operation Christmas Child, and to find out how to participate, here is the link to their website: http://www.samaritanspurse.org/index.php/occ I hope you decide to participate; you won't regret it!

Well, that's all for now. More to come soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment