Sunday, October 14, 2012

Missing You

As time passes
The pain lessens a little
But I think about you
More and more.
I miss you
And everything you were.
A wife
A mother
A grandmother
A sister
A daughter
An aunt
Loving
Strong
Beautiful
I miss you more now
More than ever.
I may have
More life ahead of me
But I can’t wait
Until I get to see you again.
I wish you were around
To see me finish school.
To see me get married
And have a family of my own.
To come to birthday parties,
And holiday gatherings.
But I know that you are watching
From Heaven.
I just wish I had my best friend back.
My mom back.
Dreaming of you
Only makes the longing
Of having you back
Intensify.
I know you had to go
But I need you.
Still.
The dreams are not enough.
You left us way too soon.
I need you.
We need you.
I miss you, mom.
I love you.
And I can’t wait to see you again.
 
 
(This poem was written shortly after my mom died in November 2010.)

No comments:

Post a Comment