Thursday, October 25, 2012

A New Volunteer

Last week, the driver I volunteered with had had his last day of volunteering on Friday, because he is having both knees replaced. So, tomorrow there is going to be a new driver I will be going with.

Since I am used to the regular driver taking me around, I am uncomfortable with a new driver. I have to get used to a new person all over again. I will be shy, and awkward again, around the new person.

I hate feeling like that. The old driver brought me out of my shell a little, and now I'm going to retreat back into it again. I really wish I wasn't so shy all the time, around new people.

I hope this new driver is nice, because I don't want to have to stop volunteering just because a volunteer is rude, or mean.

I just realized that it will be six months tomorrow since I started volunteering. It's crazy. I can't believe I've been volunteering that long already. Like the saying goes, time flies when you're having fun!

Well, that's all for now. More to come later.

No comments:

Post a Comment