Sunday, September 15, 2013

Public Speaking Scares Me

I was at a local thrift store yesterday, and found this book that I had to have.


I freeze up when I have to speak in front of people, and even one-on-one, with people I don't know, don't know well, or am not friends with.

So when I saw this at the thrift store, I figured I would get it, and see if it would help me get over my fears of public speaking, at least a little.

I am a very shy person, so it figures this kind of thing scares me. I really want to get over my shyness, and my fear of public speaking.

I know public speaking is a major part of pretty much all jobs, and in other aspects of life, and I wish I wasn't so scared of it.

Shyness runs in my family, on my mom's side. My mom and her sister were shy, and then 2 of my 4 siblings were shy. So it's not a surprise that I'm shy as well.

Hopefully I'll be able to speak without freezing, or getting scared, soon. I don't like feeling like this. I know a lot of people go through the same thing, but that really doesn't help all that much with me.

I just want to be comfortable with something that is a big part of everyday life. It would definitely make things easier for me, and hopefully this book would help out a little.

If anyone has any suggestions for what I can do, that have helped them out in the past, I would love to hear them, and that would be greatly appreciated

Well, that's all for now. More to come later.

No comments:

Post a Comment