Saturday, September 7, 2013

100 Facts You May Not Know About Me

I got the idea for this post from a friend of mine, who posted her list on her blog. I figured I would do a list of my own. So, here goes.

  1. I am a very shy person, so writing/blogging are my favorite ways of communication.
  2. I am the youngest of five children, and sometimes love it. There are times where I wish I had a younger sibling, so I could have someone who looks up to me.
  3. I was 19 when I first became an aunt, and I love having a niece and a nephew. I was 19 when my nephew was born, and 21 when my niece was born.
  4. I have never been out of the U.S.A. before, but I would love to travel the world someday.
  5. I am a HUGE fan of Andrea Bocelli and Francesca Battistelli, a classical singer and a Christian singer.
  6. I got my ears pierced for the first time when I was 13. I remember asking my mom if I could get them pierced, and was surprised at how fast she said yes (she said yes right away). I hope to be able to get at least one more piercing in each ear.
  7. My favorite vacation was the summer after I graduated high school, when my oldest brother gave me a trip to California (where he lived at the time with his wife) as a present. I was there visiting him and his wife for two weeks, and had so much fun. I hope to go back someday.
  8. I don't know why, but I love making lists.
  9. I am going to school for my baking and pastry degree, and hope to someday open my own bakery. I absolutely LOVE baking, so this is perfect for me.
  10. I also want to get my photography, special education teaching, and creative writing degrees.
  11. I absolutely love photography. I can get lost in it sometimes, and I've taken some really good pictures in the past.
  12. I never really did well in school until I got to college. I guess that's because I'm actually studying something that I am interested in now.
  13. I don't get why I want to be a teacher, when I never really liked school all that much.
  14. I absolutely love children, and want to get married and have children someday.
  15. I have a heart for adoption. I read a few blogs by couples who have adopted, and they seem really happy. I will adopt any child, but I mainly want to adopt children with disabilities.
  16. I have a learning disability, which is probably why I never liked school that much.I l
  17. I went to a disability leadership summit for a couple years, before they had to cut it (budgeting reasons). I was so upset when they did that, because the summit has really helped me.
  18. I volunteer with my library's home delivery program, where we deliver library materials to those who can't come in to the library for whatever reason (usually health related). I have been doing this for over a year now, and I absolutely love it. It has helped me come out of my shell a little, and open up more.
  19. My favorite color is purple.
  20. I am a huge night owl. I try to go to bed early, especially when I have to get up early, but it's hard for me. I just do NOT like mornings.
  21. I have never had a boyfriend, and I have never really been on a date.
  22. I love thrifts stores, and have found some great things at the local stores here by me.
  23. I love horses, and would love to raise a few someday.
  24. I am more of a country girl than city girl, even though I've lived in the city my whole life. I prefer the quiet of the country to all the noise of the city. Although, it is kind of nice being close to all these shops.
  25. I love music, and have grown up listening to country music. Although, I have come to include Christian and pop/lite rock into music I like.
  26. I picked up knitting after my mom died, and I am so glad I did. It has helped me cope, and I really enjoy making things.
  27. I have recently started crocheting, and am almost done with my first project, a shawl. It looks really nice!
  28. I am not an athletic person, but I love baseball (go White Sox!!!) and hockey (go Blackhawks!!!).
  29. I got to go to a White Sox game with one of my brothers in 2000. They were playing against the Cleveland Indians, and won. I don't remember the score, but I had a great time, and made great memories with my brother.
  30. I don't know why but I love the show Bonanza. I know it's in reruns now, but I really enjoy the show.
  31. My lucky number is 14.
  32. My favorite season is probably spring. Or fall. Either one.
  33. Another of my favorite shows is Cake Boss. They do amazing work, and they do something that I love as well: baking!!
  34. I taught myself how to ride a bike when I was in elementary school (I forget when exactly that was, or how old I was).
  35. I also taught myself how to whistle.
  36. I don't have my license yet, but I hope to get it within a year or so.
  37. I got my first cell phone about 2 years ago, and am so happy I have it.
  38. I am a very sensitive person.
  39. I want to live in another country for a year (maybe England or Italy).
  40. I have always wanted to go on missions trips.
  41. I used to have a birthmark on my neck, but had that removed on Christmas Eve, 2003. I do not miss it at all!
  42. I broke my right arm (my dominant arm) once, in first grade. I was playing on the rings, and somehow fell down, and landed on my arm.
  43. My favorite boys name is Michael Christopher, and plan on naming one of my children that someday.
  44. I want to have at least 4 biological children, 2 boys and two girls.
  45. My favorite food (besides chocolate!) is pasta.
  46. Whenever I see someone crying, or hurt, I start crying myself. It hurts me seeing someone in pain or hurting in some way.
  47. I am a HUGE Harry Potter fan.
  48. I am addicted to Pinterest, and I have found a ton of great ideas on there.
  49. I do not like to exercise, but I want to get into taking yoga and/or Pilates, and Zumba.
  50. I love rainy days.
  51. I love spicy foods. I got that love from my mom, and I am happy we share that love.
  52. I stink at math. Even most everyone in my family is good at it.
  53. I love Sudoku. For my birthday a few years ago, one of my brothers had actually given me a couple Sudoku books, which I was very happy about. It kept me busy for quite a while.
  54. I tend to spend a lot of time by myself, which is fine with me. Although, I do like to spend time with other people too.
  55. I am not a neat freak, and my bedroom looks like a tornado went through it. I am trying to work on that, though.
  56. I have never been to a sleepover, or hosted one, with friends before.
  57. I just recently started writing to a spiritual pen pal, and I am so glad I get to do this.
  58. I don't know why exactly, but I LOVE plaid.
  59. I have tried both snow skiing and water skiing, and stunk at both. But I want to try water skiing again.
  60. I love being in the water.
  61. I played the violin in elementary school, and I regret giving it up. Every time I hear violins in an orchestra, it makes me want to play the violin again.
  62. I am really into linguistics.
  63. I love science, and am very curious about why things work the way they do, and why things are the way they are.
  64. I want to write a book someday where the main character, or one of the main characters, has a disability.
  65. I write down my dreams in a journal. I love remembering my dreams.
  66. I am seriously afraid of heights. I remember when I went to Montana with my family several years ago, we drove up one of the mountains (we could only go about halfway up because there was still snow on part of the mountain), and I was freaking out when we got out of the car.
  67. I am also afraid of spiders and death.
  68. I have been seriously afraid of death since my maternal grandpa died. That was the first death I remember experiencing, and it really got to me. I know everyone has to die at some point, but I am dreading the day I have to go.
  69. I am double-jointed. Sometimes I like it, and sometimes I don't.
  70. I love vision boards, and hope to make one for myself someday.
  71. I tried being a vegetarian several years ago, but it didn't last very long (about a month). But, I don't eat as much meat as I used to.
  72. I have been bullied a few times in elementary school, and absolutely hated it.
  73. I wish invisibility, disapparition/apparition, and mind reading were real so I could do them.
  74. I love making things out of clay.
  75. I have donated hair twice to Locks of Love. I think children deserve to feel as beautiful as possible, so helping out with something like this is one of my passions. I hope to donate many more times in the future.
  76. I prefer long hair to short, and want to grow my hair as long as I can.
  77. I want to be a voice-over in an animated movie.
  78. I love carving/decorating pumpkins for Halloween, and will never get tired of it.
  79. I also love dyeing eggs for Easter, and will never get tired of that either.
  80. I love cowboy/cowgirl hats, and want to own one someday.
  81. I hate showing my feet, so I wear shoes, or sandals that cover most of my feet.
  82. I tried eggplant for the first time this summer at a Taste of festival in the form of burritos (I think they were burritos), and loved it.
  83. Brownies are probably my absolute favorite dessert.
  84. I love puzzles, especially 3D ones.
  85. I don't care for alcohol, even though I am over the age limit. I will have the rare drink though.
  86. My sister had got me into playing the violin. She played when she was in school, and I remember her showing me how to play a few notes, and had me show our parents that I could play them.
  87. I can't concentrate on things like homework or cleaning my room without music. Music helps me to get my work done, and to do a better job on it, than if I didn't listen to music.
  88. I do not like getting my hair cut, but I will get it cut for something like Locks of Love.
  89. I love piƱatas.
  90. I have an eye condition in my right eye called iris coloboma. That is where the iris (and the pupil, as well) didn't form properly before I was born. I have vision problems in that eye, which drive me crazy sometimes, but I am used to it.
  91. Because of my eye condition, I wear glasses to see things that are far away. I am near-sighted.
  92. I vaguely remember having chicken pox when I was a year old.
  93. I remember learning to tie my shoes before one of my brothers did, and he's three years older than me.
  94. I love looking at pictures and yearbooks.
  95. I have lived in the same house, in the same block, in the same neighborhood, in the same city, in the same state, ever since I was born.
  96. I have never been interested in wearing makeup all that much. I'm not against makeup; I just never got into wearing any.
  97. I love looking at the stars. I remember seeing the little dipper while on a girl scout camping trip, and thought that was really cool. That was the first time I remember seeing a constellation.
  98. I still love making friendship bracelets.
  99. I love fruits and vegetables. My favorites are Brussels sprouts, apples, grapes, bananas, and lemons.
  100. I want to go on a Joni and Friends retreat someday. They seem like so much fun, and you get to meet some wonderful people.
Well, there it is. 100 facts about me. It took me a while to come up with all of them, but it was worth it!

2 comments:

  1. I love these facts! thanks so much for sharing! I really like number 100. I hope that you get to go some day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm glad you like them :D I hope I get to go to. They seem like so much fun!

      Delete