Wednesday, September 11, 2013

12 Years Later...Never Forget


                                                                             Source

12 years ago,
The USA was changed forever.
We were attacked
Just because of
Who we are as a nation.
Everyone was scared
But we came together
And helped each other out.
We showed the world
That we will not
Back down.
That we are not afraid.
We are a united nation
And will always be
A united nation.
That is why
We are called
the United States of America.
Others may knock us down,
But we will always get back up.
Never forget what happened that day
12 years ago.
Never forget the courage
Many people had
Helping out those in need.
Never forget those
Who died to protect this country.
To protect our freedom.
To protect us.
We are ONE NATION
UNDER GOD.
We are tough,
And those who
Desire to harm us
Will have to answer
To a high power
For their actions.
We will never back down
We will never hide.
We are a nation of fighters
For freedom
For our rights
For others.

I love this song that Alan Jackson wrote, in honor of 9/11. I have this on CD, and love listening to it.

There is also this video, that I LOVE.  It just goes to show that there are still good people in the world, who accepts EVERYONE, no matter who they are, what their religion is, what they look like, etc.
People across the country are remembering the day today, and every day. We will never forget, and should never forget.
I remember being in my first period World History class, my sophomore year of high school when the first plane hit.
A boy had come in late, and told us what happened. I didn't hear about it, so I didn't believe him. But, during my second period Spanish class, my teacher confirmed it by going on the Internet, and looking it up.
During my 4/5 Algebra & Geometry class, the teacher let us watch the news the whole class period. I was shocked that people would do something like that. To us.
I am proud to be an American, and I hope you are to, if you live in the U.S.

No comments:

Post a Comment