Friday, September 6, 2013

Five-Minute Friday: Red

I am linking up this week for Five-Minute Friday with Lisa-Jo Baker.

This week's FMF is: Red

Red marks on a piece of homework or test
Indicating wrong answers
Making me feel like a failure
Making me feel like I can't do well in the future
Even with help, I get frustrated

I become less confident in myself
with every red mark I see
Which makes me do as bad
On other assignments and tests

Now, I am getting less red marks
And I am feeling like a success
Like I can do well in the future
I am getting help, and not getting frustrated

I feel like I can do anything I want to
Because I have more support
And more confidence in myself

I do better on all other assignments and tests
And I feel happy about how things are going

8 comments:

  1. Hi Diane!
    This is the first time I've joined in the fun 5 Minute Friday party that Lisa-Jo hosts. I found it hard to write anything that was cohesive in just five minutes. But, you did a great job! Funny thing is when I was thinking what to write about, I also thought of a red pen that edits, critiques and gives grades.
    Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, great minds think alike! Thank you for your comment, I really appreciate it! I love it when people like what I write. It makes me feel good!

      Delete
  2. Great post! So thankful your red marks have decreased and your confidence has increased! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I am thankful too, about the marks going down, and my confidence going up. It feels really good!

      Delete
  3. great post Diane! Thanks for sharing with us and great poem!


    Jessica
    http://mybeautifulli.blogspot.com/2013/09/100-facts-you-might-not-know-about-me.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen!! Confidence in Him that made you perfect the way you are, we don't need to look at red marks as stabs to our hearts!!

    ReplyDelete