Tuesday, September 10, 2013

A Somewhat Interesting Friday

Well, Friday was kind of interesting. I volunteer with the library in the morning, delivering library materials to those who can't come in for whatever reason.

When I got to one of the stops, which is a senior assisted living place, one of the residents was at the front desk, unhappy because he wasn't on the list for some trip.

He got upset and started yelling at the guy who was manning the desk, pounded on the desk a few times, said that he was "being held against his will," and called the guy a bad name.

I have never experienced something like that before, so it was kind of weird. He calmed down after a minute, though, which I am glad. Nothing serious happened, which I had hoped for.

Another thing that happened was that another patron hugged me when I delivered the materials she requested.

The woman has trouble getting around, so she was very appreciative of having stuff delivered to her.

I love giving and getting hugs, so it was nice getting a hug from her.

Well, that's all for now. More to come later.

No comments:

Post a Comment