Monday, September 2, 2013

Operation Christmas Child

A few years ago, I heard about an organization called Operation Christmas Child, where you can fill a shoebox with items a child might like and/or need, and it is sent to a child in need.

I have been wanting to do this ever since I heard about it, but I kept missing the dates where we can make one and have it sent off.

I am hoping that I can do it this year, though, as I want to see the happiness on a child's face when they see my present to them.

Yesterday I requested a kit with information and other cool things, for the shoebox, and I will hopefully gather a few friends, for a shoebox present party.

I love children, so I hope to be able to make one happy this year. It breaks my heart so see children go without necessities and fun stuff. They deserve to have a good life. And I want to help make that happen.

Feel free to check the website out, and see what the organization does. I hope you would be willing to help out as well. It is a great thing to do for those in need.

Well, that's all for now. More to come later.

No comments:

Post a Comment