Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Money for Grades

I recently saw this article on MSN.com, about kids getting paid for good grades.

I don't remember if I was paid for good grades. Or rewarded in any way. At least by my parents. I do remember that when I was put into this one program in the middle of my high school career, I did better, and one of the teachers gave out treats as rewards, for students who did well.

I also got these awards from the school, for raising my GPA. Four of them. It felt awesome. I think those encouraged me to do better in school.

I think that parents need to be careful, when rewarding their kids for doing school work, and for getting good grades. It could go to the kids' heads, that if they do their work, and get good grades, they will get paid every time.

 Rewards are great, but they shouldn't be used all the time. It should be a special treat.

What do you think about kids getting paid for their grades? Do you think it's a good idea, or a bad idea?

Well, that's all for now. More to come later.

No comments:

Post a Comment