Monday, March 18, 2013

The Light and Dark Inside Us

I want you to listen to me very carefully, Harry. You're not a bad person. You're a very good person, who bad things have happened to. Besides, the world isn't split into good people and Death Eaters. We've all got both light and dark inside us. What matters is the part we choose to act on. That's who we really are.

This is one of my absolute favorite quotes from Harry Potter. Sirius Black says this in the fifth movie, when Harry thinks he is becoming like Lord Voldemort.

I love that Sirius reassures him that Harry is a good person, and that how we live our lives determines who we are as a person.

These days, it seems like there are more bad people than good people (in the real world) in this world. I just wish that if someone has an issue, they would get help for it, instead of taking it out on others, especially those who hadn't done anything to that person.

I hate seeing more and more people do the wrong things in life. It hurts to see them hurting, and not get help.

Like Sirius says, we've all got light and dark inside us, and what matters is the part we choose to act on. That's who we really are. I guess some people really are meant to be bad. I wish that wasn't so, because that is why the world is in the state that it's in.

I hope that people can change for the better. It would make life more amazing. More beautiful. More fulfilling.

No comments:

Post a Comment