Friday, March 1, 2013

30 Day Challenge: Day 22

How have you changed in the past two years?

I found out I was stronger emotionally than I really was. When we found out that my mom wasn't going to pull through what she was going through, I thought I wouldn't be ready for her to go. But, after she died, I wasn't as freaked out as I thought I would be.

I guess because we knew that she wasn't going to make it, we had time to prepare for what was to come. It was still really hard, of course, but it wasn't as bad as it would have been otherwise.

After her death, some things weren't as important to me anymore, like getting presents on my birthday and during the holidays (although I don't mind it if someone gives me something).

I have turned to writing, baking, watching movies, and listening to music more often lately, which has helped me get through these last couple of years. Knitting and crocheting has also helped me out, which I love.

Also, since I had started volunteering at the library last May, delivering materials to those who can't come in to the library, I have started coming out of my shell a little. I am normally a really shy person, and don't really talk to people I don't know, but this has helped me with that somewhat.

I am still really shy, but I am starting to open up. I hope to be more outgoing as time goes by, because I hate being so quiet. Although, I don't mind it sometimes.

Outgoing people sometimes intimidate me, because of how much they have to say, but I want to get over that. I also want to get over what people would think of me.

I may be shy, but I am also friendly, caring/compassionate, sensitive, fun-loving, and easy-going. I just don't like to talk much.

No comments:

Post a Comment