Thursday, March 21, 2013

30 Day Challenge: Day 27

A problem that you have had.

A problem that I have had, and still have, is my shyness. It prevents me from doing things I really want to do in life, and I don't like that.

I have been shy for as long as I can remember. I do have friends, and I think they understand about my shyness. But it bothers me now.

Because I am so shy, I hate public speaking, and I want to get over that enough to be able to do it without blanking out, and becoming too shy to want to do anything.

It makes it hard for me to really interact with others without feeling uncomfortable or self-conscious about myself. I always think about how other people would react to what I say or do, and I don't want to do that anymore.

My “comfort zone” is my house, mainly my bedroom. I feel the most comfortable there, as it is my own private/personal place to relax, and no one can come in without my permission.

But, I want to try to ‘broaden my horizon’ in a way. I just found this article on overcoming my shyness. It may help me in the long rong. I know it’s going to take time to be more outgoing, but it’s worth it for me.

Another “comfort zone” for me is a journal/blog. I can be more outgoing there, because I know no one will judge me, or hate me, etc. It’s like a friend to me, who is very understanding, won’t judge, criticize, or hate me for what I write. And that makes me feel more open to writing what’s on my mind, and I feel better when I write things down.

Shyness runs in the family, so it’s not really surprising that I’m that way. My mom, and some of her relatives were shy, but they became more outgoing as they got older.

I’m in my mid 20′s, and I’m not really that outgoing, and it frustrates me. Does anyone have any suggestions for becoming more outgoing? Besides drama classes, and such. And putting myself out of my comfort zones. Those aren’t as easy as they seem, for someone like me. And I’ve heard them before. A million times.

Another one I’ve heard is joining a club that interests you and meeting people with the same interests as you. I need something new to try out, that I would really enjoy, and where I can grow, learn, and become a more outgoing person.

No comments:

Post a Comment