Monday, February 11, 2013

30 Day Challenge: Day 5

A time when you thought about ending your own life.

Such a personal one here. I haven't thought about ending my life, but had thought about hurting myself on occasion.

For the past several years, I have been dealing with depression and anxiety. There have been times when I just wanted it all to go away, and I had thought about cutting myself, but I didn't because I thought about my family, and what they would think if I had actually done it.

For a while after my mom had died, the thought of cutting myself came back a few times, but, again, I didn't want to do it. The thought of my family, and the fear of cutting a major artery and possibly dying, stopped me.

The thoughts of hurting myself weren't really bad, just in the back of my mind, while going through life. I am thankful for that. I know that some people aren't as lucky, but I am glad that things for me hadn't become real serious.

I have been going to a therapist for the last few years, so that has helped me a lot.

Right now, I am doing well, and am pretty happy. And I love that. I want to live, and experience things in life that I wouldn't be able to do otherwise. I am grateful for getting help when I did, and that my family was supporting me through it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment