Sunday, September 9, 2012

Weekend Fun

I had a pretty good weekend overall. I went to a friend’s block party yesterday, which was fun. We had lunch, played with bubbles, a guy made balloon animals for us (I chose a crazy hat and an alien), there was a bouncy house that had a basketball hoop and a slide, some fun games, music, dinner from a local restaurant, and a bon fire when it got dark enough.

when the bon fire was up and roaring, I had wanted to make s’mores, and my friend’s mom gave us the stuff to make them. I haven’t had s’mores in a long time, and was really happy having them again.

So I had a lot of fun yesterday, and it was good to see my friend again.

Today I went to church, and then went to the library. While I was waiting for the library to open (they don’t open until 1 pm on Sundays), there were some people from the Capoiera dance group thing, performing for us.

I have never seen it before, so it was interesting to watch them perform it. It’s pretty cool. They have classes that you can take if you are interested, and I may take some classes. Here is a definition of what capoeira is, if you want to know what it’s all about.

I wasn’t expecting to see the demonstration, but I enjoyed watching it. All in all, it was a really good weekend.

Well, that is all for now. More to come later

No comments:

Post a Comment