Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Never Forget

Today is the 11-year anniversary of the 9/11 attacks. I can’t believe it’s been that long already.

Why does it have to take a tragedy like this to bring everyone together? People should have been kinder to others anyway.

I was a sophomore in high school when the attacks happened. I remember someone coming in to first period late, and saying that the first tower was struck.

During second period Spanish, my teacher went online to see if it was true, and found out that it was.
My 4/5 period math teacher let us watch the news during class, to find out what was going on. It was scary, and unreal to see the events unfolding.

I still can’t believe that people would stoop that low. I hope no more attacks happen here, or anywhere else. I hate seeing people suffer, and that I can’t do anything about it.

I will never forget the people who are suffering, and those who were lost on that awful day. And those who served, are currently serve, and will serve in the future.

It means a lot that they are willing to give up everything for their country, even though they don’t have to. I hate war, but something needs to be done to ensure that we are always free, and that no one else suffers like this again.

Always remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment