Sunday, September 16, 2012

This Past Week's Goings-On

A few things happened this week. First, I dyed my hair an auburn color on Monday. It didn’t come out quite as I expected, but it’s not bad. I’ve never had my hair dyed before, so I had some apprehensions. But, I like it.

Thursday, I went to Walgreens to pick up pictures that I had ordered, and noticed that they had put out their Halloween stuff. So after I paid for my pictures, I went over to the Halloween aisle to see what they had.

I noticed that a section of the stuff was on clearance already, and they had just put the stuff out. I thought that was crazy, but it was nice. I bought some stuff for Halloween as well.

I also went to my church’s first crochet class. I have been a knitter for over a year, and have wanted to learn to crochet as well. So when the church was offering these classes, I signed up right away.

The first class went well. I seemed to pick it up pretty easily. I can’t wait to start making things, using crochet patterns. I am a crafty person, so I try to make things as often as I can. I can’t wait for the next class.

Friday, I volunteered at the library, delivering library materials for those who aren’t able to come to the library for whatever reason. I absolutely love what I am doing.

I get to see some great people, who have told me on several occasions that they appreciate what I am doing. It makes me feel good to know that I’m doing something good for others.
I am so thankful to have this opportunity. I’ve been volunteering since May, and I have come to love it.

Yesterday, I went to the Economy Shop with a friend. It is a resale shop that I love. They always have some great stuff, at great prices.

I got a couple skirts, a few tops, a popsicle mold, a lantern decoration thing, a thing of fabric, and some wrapping paper. I’m happy with everything I got. I hope I get to go to the next sale. I always love seeing what they have.

After the sale, I went to church with my dad. It was kind of hard to listen to the mass, because a couple kids were being noisy, but it wasn’t too bad. The mother of the children had recognized me from the crochet class, and said hi to me, which I thought was nice.

So, all-in-all, it was a pretty good week. I hope more things happen in the future, because I am bored a lot of the time.

There are a few things I’m planning on doing within the next few weeks. One is to get a haircut, which I really need.

Another thing is to go to school, to get things sorted out, so I can go back in the spring. I am going to continue with the hospitality degree I started, and I also want to add another degree as well. I am planning on also going for special education.

I want to be a special education teacher, because I myself have a disability, and can relate to others in some way. I also love children, so this would be good for me.

I am also hoping to go to the DMV soon, to get my permit. I had something come up, that made me lose interest in wanting to drive. But, now I am ready to get back into it. I want to get my license, so I can be more independent, and so I don’t have to wait for public transportation.

I am also going to start job hunting. Again. I don’t know how many times I’ve applied for jobs in the last couple of years. No one has contacted me about work. It has made me frustrated, and that makes me not want to keep going with looking for a job.

But, I will keep going anyway. I need a job, and soon.

Well, that’s all for now. More to come later.

No comments:

Post a Comment