Friday, April 11, 2014

Volunteer Appreciation Week

This week is Volunteer Appreciation Week, and while getting ready to volunteer at the library today, I was given a thank you card and treat (a bar of chocolate) from the volunteer director, in appreciation of the volunteer work I did.

It is nice to be appreciated on occasion. Especially for the work I do. It means people notice what I am doing, and appreciate it.

There is going to be a Volunteer Appreciation Reception next month, and I am looking forward to it.

I love the volunteer work that I am doing, and plan to stay with it as long as I can.

This is the second year of my volunteering at the library, which is amazing. I can't believe it's been that long already. It kind of feels like yesterday that I first started, but it also feels like ages as well.

I am so thankful for this opportunity at the library, and for the amazing people I met during this time. Everyone has been so nice to me, and supportive in everything else that I do.

So, as the library is thanking us volunteers for our work, I thank them for giving me this opportunity to work with them. I truly enjoy it, and it wouldn't be the same without it.

No comments:

Post a Comment