Monday, April 21, 2014

Easter Fun

Well, Easter is over now. The day went by fast, although I really enjoyed it.

The day started out with church at 9:30 am. On the way there, I saw a little girl wearing a bunny ears headband. I have one of my own, and love it.

Around 12:30 pm, my dad and I left go drive over to my sister's place, to celebrate with her and her family.

My niece and nephew were both very happy to see us, and to get their Easter baskets. We had an Easter dinner (ham, asparagus, potatoes, and sauerkraut), my niece and nephew had an Easter egg hunt (I was asked to hide the eggs again, which I don't mind doing), we had dessert (French silk pie), and then just relaxed awhile.

During that time, a friend of my niece, and her little sister had come over to play for a while.

The sweetest thing that happened was that the younger sister (who I think was about three years old) kept sitting next to me, even sitting right up close to me a couple times.

That made me feel really good, as it showed me that the girl trusted me enough to want to sit next to me, and to like me. We have never met before, so I was a little surprised by that, but I didn't mind at all. She was such a sweetheart!

Her older sister was also very nice to me, but she was really talkative. That's not a bad thing exactly, but seeing./hearing a six-year-old (I think that's how old she is) talk that much is...interesting. In a good way.

Prior to Easter, I had boiled eggs on Friday, to dye them later. That is one thing I will NEVER get tired of doing. Ever.

Saturday, I dyed the eggs, which came out really well, and made a bunny cake. It wasn't the greatest, but it came out better than expected, which I am happy about.

I had never made a bunny cake before, so I didn't really know what to expect, but it was a neat experience.

I have seen recipes for bunny cakes on several occasions, and have been wanting to make one for a while, and I finally got the chance to make it for the weekend.

Here are some pictures of the fun.

French Silk Pie...Yummy!!

                                                 The garage of the LEGO Simpsons House

The LEGO Simpson House, in progress

In progress

The Easter Bunny cake I made for Easter






Happy Easter!! These are magnetic color cubes that I got for my birthday, from a neighbor family.

Dyeing eggs for Easter


I had to change to these cups, as the other ones didn't work as well.



Hard-boiling the eggs so I can dye them for Easter.

All the eggs are dyed!
 
 
I hope everyone who celebrates it, had a wonderful Easter!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment