Sunday, April 13, 2014

Finding Vivian Maier

On April 4th, while volunteering at the library delivering materials to homebound patrons, I was using a photography app on my phone, and the guy I was volunteering with noticed. I told him I am really into photography, and that I plan to get my photography degree someday.

This past Friday, he surprised me by giving me this article, about a documentary called "Finding Vivian Maier" :








It is in theaters right now, and none of the theaters near me are playing it, so I will have to wait until it comes out on DVD to see it.

It is about a photographer, Vivian Maier, who worked as a nanny in Chicago's northern suburbs. She would take the children she looked after on many expeditions, and took many, many photos on those expeditions.

It seems interesting, so I will definitely check it out when I can get a chance.

So, to the guy I volunteer with every Friday morning, thank you for giving me this article. I really appreciate it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment