Friday, April 18, 2014

Itching to Play the Violin Again

I played the violin for a couple years in elementary school (fourth and fifth grade), and then quit. I seriously regret quitting, as hearing people play the instrument makes me wish I had kept going with it, and was still playing it now.

When I was at a local thrift store yesterday, I found a CD by one of my favorite violinists, Andre Rieu, a Dutch musician, and it made me want to pick up the violin again.

My other favorite is David Garrett, a German-American violinist. I heard about him the same way I heard about Andre Rieu, by seeing concerts of them on TV a few years ago.

My sister got me into the instrument, when she played in school. I remember she had shown me how to play a few notes on her violin, and had me play them. When I did, she brought me over to our parents to show them that I could play the notes.

I am so glad she got me into this, as I love the sound of violins, and had fun in my elementary school's orchestra.

I'm planning on saving up for a new(er) violin, as the one I have from when I was in elementary school is too small for me.

Music is a big part of my life, and love my range of favorite music, from classical, to pop, to country, to Christian, to foreign.

I am looking forward to getting back into the fray of things, and relearning how to play the violin. I just need to actually practice playing regularly, because I didn't like to practice very much in elementary school.

No comments:

Post a Comment