Saturday, November 9, 2013

The Grieving Process for Me

Three years ago, my mom passed away, and that really affected me. It's definitely not the same without her here. We were expecting her death, as the doctors told us she wasn't going to make it. Yet, it was still a bit of a shock. It's still hard to take in.
 
For maybe six months or so, I would cry myself to sleep pretty much every night. And I hated that, especially because I always went to my mom if I was upset about something, and she couldn't do that anymore. Which made me cry even more.
 
The only stage of grief I have gone through so far is sadness, which is actually surprising to me. I thought I would be mad that she was gone. But, I am thankful that this is the only stage I have been through. I do not want to feel mad, or any other feeling.
 
I'm doing better now, emotionally and mentally, but it's still hard at times. I still have moments where I just break down, and cry because my mom isn't here, but overall, I am doing good.
 
Shepherd Me O' God was one of the songs played at her funeral, and ever since then, I have heard it a few times more in church.
 
My mom's favorite song was Amazing Grace, which was also sung at her funeral.
 
Her death has shown me that I am much stronger than I thought I was, which, of course, is a good thing. It made me realize that if I can get through this, I can get through pretty much anything.
 
I miss my mom very much, and still love her. I can't wait for the day I get to see her again (although I hope that's not for a long time, as there are still things I want to do in this life).

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you don't have your mom here with you now. I am thankful that God has brought you to a place where you are doing better. Sending you a hug through cyberspace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Barbie. That means a lot to me :D

      Delete