Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Three Years Ago Today...

My mom passed away. It wasn't a complete shock, as we knew it was coming after a while. She was in the hospital for the last five weeks of her life, and about halfway through, the doctors told us she wouldn't make it through.

I was, of course, devastated when she died, and I miss and love her more than ever. I can't believe it's been three years already. That is three years too long without my mom.

I actually didn't realize today was the three year anniversary until my sister called, and talked to my dad. But, I'm actually glad I was reminded of it. I volunteered at the library today, so I think that is partly why I forgot about this.

While on Pinterest today, I found this quote, which is perfect for me, as my mom's death made me realize just how strong I am:


                                                                         Source

I just wish I knew that earlier. But, I'm glad I know it now. It shows me that I can get through pretty much anything that comes my way.

I have had many good dreams about my mom, but none of them recent. That makes me wish I were still having dreams about her. I miss them.

I know my mom will always be with me, and I can't wait to see her again in Heaven (although I hope that won't be for a long time, as I still have a lot of living to do here on Earth!). I miss and love you mom!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment