Sunday, November 17, 2013

Operation Shoebox for the Homeless

While on Pinterest last night, I saw a pin for something called Operation Shoebox for the Homeless. It's similar to Operation Christmas Child, but in this case, you can give the shoeboxes, filled with necessities, to the homeless in your area.
 
I think that is a great idea, and I hope to be able to do that, if I see anyone living on the streets. I hate seeing people living with nothing, while I have a house, food, clean water, clothes, etc. It's just not fair.
 
I hope that this gesture will inspire them to do something more for themselves, or at least it helps them realize that there are still people who care about them.
 
So, while you are shopping for your family and friends this holiday season, please remember those who are living on the streets, and will not be getting anything. Think about giving them a little something, to brighten their days.

No comments:

Post a Comment