Friday, August 23, 2013

What Are You Having?

For the first time in my life, someone asked me "What are you having?" As in, are you having a boy or girl?

Um...I'm not pregnant.

I told her that I'm not pregnant, and she said, "You're just fat like me?" I said yes, and went on my way, saying bye to her.

Surprisingly, I didn't take offense to that, or let it get to me/took it personally. Even though I'm not really fat. My stomach just sticks out a bit.

I think that is the first time I didn't get upset over a comment like that. Normally, I tend to take things personally, even if they were meant as constructive, or not meant to hurt me.

I mean, no one likes to be called fat, but it didn't bother me emotionally. I guess with everything that has happened in my life, comments don't hurt nearly as much as they used to. I've learned not to take things personally.

Or at least, I've started to not take them personally. Which is awesome!

This experience happened to me while delivering library materials to patrons today. One of the patrons' helper asked me that. She's a really nice person, so I know she meant well by it. I guess that's another reason why I didn't take it personally.

She honestly thought I was pregnant, and while I wish I was, I want to be married before I have any children. I hope that happens soon!

Well, that's all for now. More to come later.

2 comments:

  1. wow. thats really rude. want me to go punch her for you? I am glad that you did not take offense to that. I totally would have. I am sorry that happened to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, you don't have to hurt her. It was a mistake. I just hope it doesn't happen again. Unless I really am pregnant. But that won't be for a while, and not until after I get married.

      Delete