Monday, August 12, 2013

School Starts In Two Weeks...Really?!

I just realized last night that school starts two weeks from today. It feels like summer just started and now it's time to get ready for school already. Where has the time gone? I'm not quite ready for school to start again. But, I am looking forward to it.

I am taking one class this semester, Food Sanitation and Safety, on Monday and Wednesday evenings, from 6 to 6:50 pm. That is perfect for me, as I am more awake and alert in the evenings. I am a big night owl, so later classes are perfect for me.

My Nutrition class started at 9 am, which was kind of tough for me, because I tend to stay up pretty late, but I was able to make it on time to every class, which was once a week (Thursdays). I'm just glad that I don't have to get up early for school anymore, though.

I found out that the teacher for this class is the teacher I had for my Nutrition class in the spring, so I know what to expect from her. Plus, she lives a few blocks away from me, so if I miss the bus, or can't get a ride from someone else (I don't have a driver's license yet), I can get a ride from her. Which is great.

I plan on becoming a baker, which is why I am taking this class (it's one of the required classes I have to take).

So far, I have been doing really well in my baking major classes (I have gotten straight As, which I don't think I have ever gotten, at least not like this), which is awesome. I have a learning disability, so remembering and learning things isn't easy for me.

But with getting these good grades, it is boosting my confidence in that it shows me I can do well in school, even with my learning disability. And I love that!

Plus, there are many people at the school who are willing to help me out if I need help, and they are very nice to me. Which helps a lot.

So, I'm pretty excited about the start of school. I already paid for my class, and for school supplies. I just need to find out what book(s) I need, and then I am all set. I have to go to school on the 20th, for this school info thing, so I will probably get my book then, if I find out what I need.

Well, that's all for now. More to come later.

No comments:

Post a Comment