Saturday, December 1, 2012

Winter Fest 2012

Today was my town's Winter Fest. They do this every year in December, and it's pretty fun. What happens is you buy a cookie tin, and go to different businesses, where they give you a treat. Including this year's fest, I've done this for the past four years or so.

They also have carolers, music, and of course, Santa. A couple times, I've gotten my picture taken with him. I don't know why, but I LOVE Santa! I guess I'm a kid at heart. This year's fest had a magician performing as well, and a girl scout troop singing songs. That was pretty cool.

A friend of mine and his mom went to the fest as well, so we hung out while doing the cookie walk. When we were done, we went to Subway for lunch. I had a chicken and bacon ranch melt with pepperjack cheese. It was good.

While I was with Santa, one of the people I delive library materials to had come over, recognized me, and asked to take a picture of her with Santa. I wasn't really expecting to see anyone I knew there, apart from my friend, but it was nice seeing her.

I love that my town has these sorts of gatherings. It's a lot of fun, and it brings people together.

I am looking forward to Christmas this year. Spending time with family, food, movies, music, and presents. Always a lot of fun.

I was going to put some pictures in this post, but for some reason, the photo upload thing isn't working, so as soon as I figure things out, I will post the pictures I took from today's Winter Fest.

Well, that's all for now. More to come later.

No comments:

Post a Comment