Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Merry Christmas!

For those who celebrate, merry Christmas! I hope it is filled with joy, peace, and enjoyment!

Yesterday, my dad and I went to my sister's house to celebrate. My brothers had to work, so they couldn't come (I think they should have gotten the day off). My niece and nephew absolutely loved their presents, which was great.

We decorated some Christmas cookies (stockings, snowmen, gingerbread men, and candy canes), which I absolutely love doing. I am an avid baker, so baking and decorating cookies are right up my alley.

My sister and brother-in-law made a dinner of tortellini (my favorite pasta!), sauerkraut, rolls, and pork. It was a really good dinner. We opened presents afterwards. I got a DVD (the second Anne of Green Gables DVD), and a Caribou Coffee gift card.

My niece and nephew played with their presents after opening them. I had fun.

When we got home, my dad, brothers and I opened up some more presents while watching A Christmas Story, which is one of my favorite holiday movies.

I got the second and third Hunger Games books, the Hunger Games cookbook (yes, there is such a thing), a gift card to Barnes and Noble, some Ghirardelli and Godiva chocolate, The Hunger Games DVD, Breaking Dawn Part 1 DVD, and a CD by Jonathan Antoine and Charlotte Jaconelli (they were finalists on Britain's Got Talent).

I didn't get everything on my list, but that's fine with me. I'm happy with what I got. Yesterday was a great day, spent with the ones I love.

Today, my dad and I went to our church's Christmas mass. It was really nice. I found out afterwards that one of the volunteers from the library goes to the same church I do, which is awesome (I volunteer at the library, and the people I volunteer with are really nice people).

When we got home, my dad saw that I got a Christmas present from a neighbor family I am friends with. They gave me some Ghirardelli chocolate (yep, more chocolate!), a Christmas mug with a snowman on it, bath stuff, and a couple combs and a brush. These things will definitely be getting some use in the future.

Either this week, or next week, I am planning on getting a haircut, and donate some hair to Locks of Love. If you aren't familiar with them, Locks of Love makes wigs out of donated hair, for children with serious illnesses, who lose their hair.

I absolutely love organizations like Locks of Love. They make people feel good about themselves, when they are sick. It is so amazing what they do. I donated hair once, about 4 or 5 years ago. My hair grows fast, which I like.

Even though I love long hair, and don't like getting hair cuts, I would get a hair cut if I can donate to organizations like this.

Well, that is all for now. I hope you have a wonderful, blessed holiday season!!

No comments:

Post a Comment