Friday, December 21, 2012

Hobbits, Volunteering, and Holiday Fun

I hope everyone is enjoying the holidays this season! I am, which is good, considering the last couple weren't that great.

On Wednesday, I went to see The Hobbit with one of my brothers. It was awesome!! If you like/love the Lord of the Rings series, you will like/love The Hobbit.

I also made the dough for sugar cookies. The recipe I called for was for 2 dozen cookies, but I was planning on giving some to some of the people I deliver library stuff to, as well as giving some to friends and family, so I decided to double the recipe, since two dozen isn't enough.

Yesterday, I baked the cookies (into holiday shapes) while watching a movie (Eclipse). It took me a couple hours to bake it all, but it was worth it. I LOVE baking, so I don't mind how long it took to make the cookies.

Today, I volunteered at the library, delivering library materials to those who can't come to the library. One of the people I deliver to gave me a bar of chocolate from Trader Joe's (it is really good chocolate!), and another gave me a couple dollars, because I was delivering in the cold weather.

This is why I volunteer. People really do appreciate what we do, and we don't go unnoticed. I have been doing this for just about eight months (it will be eight months next Friday). I really enjoy what I do, and the people I volunteer with are really nice, which makes it all the more enjoyable.

On Monday, I am going to my sister's to celebrate Christmas. We are going to have a Christmas dinner, and then open presents. I love seeing her and her family (she is married, with two children, a boy and a girl).

One Tuesday, my dad is making a Christmas dinner, and then we are going to open more presents.

So, all in all, this holiday is good so far. I am happy, and that is awesome!

If you celebrate Christmas, I hope you have a wonderful Christmas, and a safe one too. Don't focus too much on the presents, but on time spent with loved ones. And remember the real reason for the season!

Well, that's all for now. More to come later.

No comments:

Post a Comment