Saturday, December 29, 2012

A Heart for Adoption

The priest at today's mass told us about an American soldier who was on duty in Iraq, and visited an orphanage in his free time. He had befriended a boy there, who had cerebral palsy. After a while, one of the sisters there told him that the boy would soon be too old to stay at the orphanage, and had to be moved to one ran by the government.

The man was attached to the boy, and had decided to try and adopt him. I have been wanting to adopt for years (this is a HUGE dream of mine that I hope is fulfilled someday), and hearing stories like this makes me want to adopt even more. Especially children with disabilities.

I wish I could adopt every orphan in the world, but I know that is impossible. I do want to have biological children too (2 boys and 2 girls), but adopting is a bigger dream of mine.

To me, it doesn't matter where the child is from, as long as I can give them a home, and a family. That is the best thing to give a child. A life. And that is what I want to do for as many children as possible (and as many as I am allowed to adopt).

I read a few blogs by people who have adopted children, and are in the process of adopting more. In reading their posts, I see how much joy is brought to the family with each new addition, and all the love.

That makes me wish to start a family of my own someday. I am at the age where I'm thinking about marriage and starting a family more and more, and hoping that it happens soon. But, I'm not in too much of a hurry at the moment, since I am going back to school, and I want to focus on that first.

Though, I can't wait for the moments to come, when I become a wife, and then a mother. Those are the two biggest moments that would give me the most joy and happiness. I absolutely love children.

Well, that's all for now. More to come later.

No comments:

Post a Comment