Friday, December 7, 2012

I Am Going Back to School!!

Today, shortly after I finished volunteering at the library, I went to school to figure out my schedule. I had a counseling restriction that wouldn't let me sign up for classes until I got it taken care of. So, I went to school and talked to a counselor.

Now, I am signed up for one class, Nutrition, for the spring semester. I'm only doing one class because I haven't been to school for quite a while (two years), for personal reasons, and I've been ready to go back for a while.

For the first time ever, I can say that I am excited to be going back. I actually miss being in school, even though I never really did well before, and because I am really shy. Hopefully, I can change all that this time. I don't like getting bad grades, and I don't like being as shy as I am.

After I signed up for my class, I went to the disability services center to apply for a couple services (I have a learning disability, and need help in class sometimes), and the director actually remembered me, even though I haven't been to school in so long.

I was kind of surprised by that, but it was really nice that she remembered me. We talked a little bit after I signed up for services, and then I went home. So, today was a productive day for me.

Well, that's all for now. More to come later.

No comments:

Post a Comment