Monday, August 1, 2022

My Bedroom Bucket List/Wish List

For longer than I care to admit, my bedroom has been a disaster, and I have had zero motivation to do anything about it.

I have been watching cleaning videos, and looking for ideas on how I would like to decorate my room, and while that has helped some, it hasn't been enough for me to really get to work on my room.

Which is so frustrating!!

I hope to get it over with, and just do it, as I know I will feel so much better once it's finished.

So, here is my bedroom wishlist and bucket list, for what I hope to accomplish:

My Wishlist:
Mirror
New bed
TV (maybe)
Computer chair
Art/wall décor 
Mini fridge (yes, a mini fridge; I am a night owl, and am always hungry/thirsty at night, and I don't always feel like going downstairs to get something from the kitchen. Plus, I don't have my own bathroom, so I can't get a drink as easily when I am thirsty.)
Storage containers/baskets
Small/portable vacuum
Blackout curtains/blinds
Another lamp (I have one for my writing desk, but I would like to have another one for another part of my room, as well)
Cushions     
Pillows    
Laundry hamper
Corner shelving/floating shelves  
Violin stand
Guitar stand
Ukulele stand  
Bedding
Corkboard
Paint (I am thinking of some shade of blue for my entire room)
New bookshelf

My bucket list:
Get rid of garbage and recycling
Go through clothes, shoes, and accessories, and decide what to keep and what to get rid of
Go through books, CDs, and DVDs, and decide what to keep and what to get rid of
Get rid of old bed and set up new bed
Get rid of chifforobe (I haven't used it in years, and it takes up too much space in my small room)
Paint walls a different color
Vacuum  
Hang up/put clothes away
Put computer desk together
Set up computer and printer on computer desk
Rearrange furniture to how I want it
Put up curtains/blinds
Hang up art/décor 
Hang up a mirror
Set up instruments
Wash bedding, and put them on bed
Set up bookshelf, and put everything I want to in it

Well, that is everything I would like to do with my room. It's definitely a big project, and I am hoping to get started on it as soon as possible.


What is a big project on your to-do list? How do you find/get the motivation to get it done?

No comments:

Post a Comment