Friday, August 5, 2022

10 Things That Help Me Relax

I am one of those people that get anxious and stressed out very easily, and there are several things that help me to relax.

I have quite a few things I like to do, to help me to relax and calm down, but I have decided to write about 10 things here (it was kind of hard to choose which ones I wanted to include here).

Here are 10 things that help me relax:
  1. A long shower or bath
    What's better than a warm bath or shower? You can add a bath bomb or bath salts, light candles, have music playing (or have it silent)...it is SO relaxing! Plus, I get to have alone time, which is perfect for me.

  2. A movie
    Movies were one thing that got me through one of the hardest times in my life, as it allows me to go into another reality for a while and forget everything else.

  3. My favorite music
    I am always listening to music, and what I listen to depends on how I'm feeling. Lately, I have been mostly listening to Christian rock, but I have also been listening to country, pop, and Irish music.

  4. Nature
    The sounds of the animals, the sound of wind blowing through the leaves and grass, running water, flowers...all of nature has such a calming effect on humans. I recently went through a tough time, and spent a long time at a local park, which really helped me.

  5. Journaling/writing
    One of my passions is writing, and it always calms me down when I write. It allows me to get my point across, and I can use the words I want to use. Plus, I can take my time with what I want to say, and I can be creative as well.

  6. Spending time alone, in my room
    I am very introverted, so any chance I can get, I spend time alone in my room (which has been a lot lately). It definitely helps allow me to recharge and allows me to think things through. 

  7. Listening to audiobooks
    For quite some time now, I have mostly switched to audiobooks, as I can't seem to concentrate on a book if I read it myself. Plus, the narrators do a very good job of telling the story they are reading.

  8. Snuggling with my cats
    I love it when my cats come over to snuggle on my lap. I get to love on them, they calm me down if I am stressed or anxious, and I get to spend time with them.

  9. Baking
    Another passion of mine. For as long as I can remember, I have loved baking. I get to be creative with food, and people get to enjoy something that I make. There are endless possibilities of what I can make when it comes to baking, and I love that.

  10. Photography 
    Yet another passion of mine. As with baking, I have loved photography for as long as I can remember. My favorite thing to photograph is probably flowers, as well as animals. Plus, I can be as creative as I want with how I want to photos to look.
These are probably my favorite ways to relax, and it is so nice to have multiple options that can help calm me.

What helps you to relax?

No comments:

Post a Comment