Friday, July 29, 2022

My Top 10 Favorite Summertime Activities

Summer is probably my favorite season, because it is warm out, we get to do more things, and it's a more relaxing/fun season.

At least, for me, it's fun and relaxing!

Warmer weather motives me more, for getting out and doing the things I want to do, and to enjoy the day.

In no particular order, here are my top 10 favorite summertime activities:
  1. Bike riding
    I am one of those people that likes non-competitive sports and exercises, bike riding being one of the top ones. I can take my time riding, I don't have to have a particular route in mind, and I can see the neighborhood, while getting some exercise.

  2. Swimming
    Swimming is another favorite non-competitive form of exercise for me. I love being in the water, and it's a good way to cool down during those hot summer days.

  3. Farmers market 
    I finally started going to my local farmer's market a few years ago, and fell in love with it. I got to try new things, as well as favorites from different places.

  4. Spending time at a park
    I love nature, so being at a park always calms me. There are a few different parks near me, that I can choose to go to, which is so nice.

  5. Barbecues
    Barbecues are a summer staple, and they bring people together. And there's good food! What more can I say?

  6. Festivals
    Festivals are always fun, with entertainment, food, games, and more, and I can go with friends and family. 

  7. Watching pro baseball games on TV
    Baseball is probably my favorite sport to watch, and I have actually been to a couple major league games in person. 

  8. Making s'mores
    Another summer staple! Chocolate, gooey marshmallows, and graham crackers...what more is there to say?

  9. Spending time in the yard/on the porch
    I am a major homebody, and spending time in the yard, or on the porch, is one of my favorite activities to do at home during the summer.

  10. Volunteering at Joni and Friends retreats
    I got to go to my first retreat in 2019, and it was the best decision I've ever made!!  Everyone has an amazing time, and comes away from it feeling loved, heard, and refreshed. You can read the post I wrote about the most recent retreat I went to HERE.
What are your favorite activities to do in the summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment