Monday, August 29, 2022

Bucket List for Going Out of My Comfort Zone

I am probably the most awkward, shyest, and most introverted person anyone would ever meet.

If I had the choice (which, at the moment, I actually do have the choice), I would spend as much time as possible at home, doing what I wanted, without dealing with other people.

Mostly because I prefer the quiet, the less busy days, and I don't like to be rushed or have multiple things going on at once.

Although, I do want to change that and go out more, do more things, meet more people, have more experiences in my life. So, I decided to make a list of things I would like to do, that would bring me out of my comfort zone (and my shell). Or at least, a list of ideas of things I am willing to do/try.

In no particular order, here is that list:
  • Learn how to not be so afraid to do the things I want to
  • Surfing
  • Indoor skydiving
  • Become comfortable with public speaking
  • Visit New York
  • Start up a conversation with someone I want to get to know
  • Do some form of exercise outdoors
  • Start my own business/side project
  • Write a book and get it published
  • Take up a martial art
  • Go on a roller coaster/ride that scares me
  • Start a YouTube channel and post regularly
  • Try snowboarding
  • Shave my head (yes, I really want to do this!)
  • Learn sign language
  • Learn Spanish
  • Learn Italian
  • Participate in a photo shoot with me in front of the camera
  • Get a tattoo in memory of my mom
  • Get tattoos in memory of my grandparents
  • Get a tattoo in honor of my parents' marriage
  • Get a tattoo/tattoos in memory of my pets
  • Get my nose pierced
  • Learn archery
  • Hold a spider (I am VERY afraid of spiders)
  • Swim with dolphins
  • Write my own songs
  • Go paintballing
  • Go white water rafting
  • Go on a helicopter ride
  • Skydeck Ledge at Willis Tower
  • Visit the Grand Canyon
  • Try a ropes course
  • See Hamilton in person
  • See Aladdin live
  • See The Book of Mormon live
  • See The Lion King live
  • Become proficient in playing the violin, and record myself playing songs
  • Become proficient in playing the guitar
  • Become proficient in playing the ukulele
  • Become proficient in playing the piano
  • Dye my hair purple
  • Ride a motorcycle
  • Get my driver's license 
  • Get into a relationship with a significant other
  • Move into my own place
  • Meet a favorite actor/band/artist, and ask them for their autograph
  • Learn how to make macarons
  • Go on a picnic by myself
  • Jump off a diving board/platform
  • Relax in a sensory deprivation tank
  • Take a pottery class
  • Ride a camel
  • Volunteer abroad
  • Learn self defense
  • Learn to change a tire
  • Get my passport, and visit a foreign country by myself/with friends
  • See Blue Man Group in person
  • Become financially independent
  • Foster animals
  • Live in another country for a year
  • Volunteer at a food bank
  • Sponsor a child in need
  • Become comfortable with reaching out to friends on a regular basis, to see how they are doing, and invite them to go on an outing with me
  • See the Nutcracker ballet
  • See the Globetrotters in person
  • Get married
  • Have kids of my own
  • Stop caring what others think of me
  • Volunteer with Wheels for the World
  • Love my body enough to take better care of it (eat more healthy foods, exercise on a more regular basis, etc.)
  • Purchase my first car/vehicle
  • Grow my hair out as long as possible, and take good care of it
  • Attend an NHL game
  • Learn how to do a handstand
  • Learn how to stop impulse buying
  • Get another piercing in each ear
  • Start a travel savings account
  • Learn Photo Shop
  • Learn graphic design
  • Do a color run
  • Try acupuncture
  • Go to a country music concert (I grew up listening to country music, yet have never gone to a concert)
  • Learn how to mend clothes, other items
  • Pay for a stranger's meal/bill/groceries
  • Go for 1-mile bike rides, then 2-mile rides once comfortable with that, then eventually go on up to 5-mile rides
  • Learn how to apply my own makeup (be good at it) and find the right shades/colors for my skin tone
  • Get a facial
  • Get my back cracked (yes, I want to do this!)
  • Host a game night
  • Send flowers to a friend
  • Learn how to cook better
  • Learn how to bake better
  • Improve my cake decorating skills
  • Learn how to bake bread
  • Unplug completely for 24 hours
  • Buy a DSLR camera, and learn how to use it
  • Adopt and take care of at least one dog
  • Adopt and take care of two birds
  • Adopt and take care of two rabbits
  • Become more comfortable with making and receiving phone calls

I may add more, but I am happy with what I have here.

I know it's a lot, but I am done being afraid of doing what I really want to do, and am ready to break free of my comfort zone.


What are things you would like to do, that are out of your comfort zone? 

No comments:

Post a Comment