Tuesday, April 30, 2013

What Marriage Is to Me

I saw the hashtag What Marriage Is to Me on Twitter last night, and decided to write a post on it. So, here is my opinion on this subject. (Note: This is MY opinion, and only mine. You do NOT have to agree with it, or like it. I am just expressing what I think on this subject.)
 
To me, marriage is the love that two people have. It is happiness, having fun, letting the little things go, truly enjoying each others' company. It is finding the good in everything, no matter what happens.
 
It is love no matter what race, religion, sexual orientation, income, etc. I believe that everyone should be allowed to get married, no matter who they are. Marriage is a basic freedom, and denying someone that, based on who they love, is going against that freedom. You are denying them their freedom.
 
I believe that if you love someone, then you should have the right to marry them if you want. I don't think it should matter what the person's sex, color, or religion is. It shouldn't matter what they look like, how much money they make, anything like that.
 
I wish that people were more accepting others for who they are, because the world is constantly changing, and things aren't what they used to be. Life is supposed to be about being happy, and being rejected for who you are is not what we as a whole are supposed to do.
 
Please do not judge people on who they are. They cannot change who they are, and they will not change for anyone. Accept them for who they are, and move on. If you want people to accept you for being you, do the same for others.
 
Well, that's all for now. More to come later.



No comments:

Post a Comment